The FSG has several optical instruments from leading manufacturers to measure inherent and apparent optical properties (IOPs and AOPs). AOP instruments are generally deployed in free-fall packages, while IOP instruments are deployed in profiling cages or plumbed into the ship's clean seawater system for underway measurements.
- WET-Labs ac-s (2) . Measures absorption (a) and attenuation (c) at approximately 80 wavelengths between 400 and 750 nm.
- WET-Labs ac-9. Measures absorption (a) and attenuation (c) at 9 wavelengths.
- WET-Labs bb-9 . Measures backscatter (bb) at one angle, nine wavelengths.
- WET-Labs VSF-9 (expected by 12/2012). Measures backscatter (bb) at 9 angles, one wavelength.
- WET-Labs CDOM fluorometer . Measures concentration of colored dissolved organic material by exciting at 370nm and measuring fluorescence at 460nm.
- WET-Labs Chlorophyll fluorometer . Measures concentration of chlorophyll-a by exciting at 470nm and measuring fluorescence at 695nm.
- WET-Labs C-star . Measures attenuation (c) at 650nm.
- HOBILABS a-sphere . Measure absorption (a) at 1500 wavelengths between 360 and 750 nm using an integrating sphere.
- HOBILABS HS-6 . Measures backscatter (bb) at one angle, 6 wavelengths, and fluorescence at 2 wavelengths.
- Satlantic Profiler II . Free-fall profiler for use with radiometers. Includes Conductivity and Temperature sensors.
- Satlantic HyperOCR, set of 3 radiometers. Measures solar irradiance (Es), downwelling or upwelling irradiance (Ed or Eu), and upwelling radiance (Lu) at 120 wavelengths from 350 to 750 nm.
- Satlantic OCR 507 , set of 2 radiometers. Measures downwelling or upwelling irradiance (Ed or Eu), and upwelling radiance (Lu) at 7 wavelengths.
- Biospherical C-Ops , set of 3 radiometers, plus free-fall package. Measures solar irradiance (Es), downwelling or upwelling irradiance (Ed or Eu), and upwelling radiance (Lu) at 19 wavelengths.
- Seabird SBE 49 (3) . Measures conductivity, temperature and pressure.
- Hobilabs Hydrodas . Power and data handler for Hobilabs instruments.
- Wetlabs DH-4 (2) . Power and data handler for Wetlabs instruments.
Please note: Reference in this site to any specific commercial product, process, or service, or the use of any trade, firm, or corporation name is for the information and convenience of the public, and does not constitute endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by the National Aeronautics and Space Administration.