Not logged inOcean Color Forum

The forum is locked.

The Ocean Color Forum has transitioned over to the Earthdata Forum (https://forum.earthdata.nasa.gov/). The information existing below will be retained for historical reference. Please sign into the Earthdata Forum for active user support.

Up Topic Products and Algorithms / Field Data - SeaBASS / Error when using the Satellite Validation Match-Up Tools
- By guorz Date 2017-07-07 17:08
Hi,

I was trying to use the Satellite Validation Match-Up Tools, the fd_matchup.py part, it says

fd_matchup.py: error: missing fields in SeaBASS file. File must contain date/time, date/hour/minute/second, year/month/day/time, OR year/month/day/hour/minute/second

But then I checking my seabass data, it dose have date and time information, as shown below, so why is that?

/start_date=20020930
/end_date=20020930
/start_time=22:00:00[GMT]
/end_time=22:00:00[GMT]

Thanks!

Best,
Ruizhe
- By jpsco Date 2017-07-10 08:33
Hi,

Thank you for using the satellite-to-in-situ match-up scripts! The error you are seeing is due to the date and time information not appearing in the data matrix section of your SeaBASS file. You are correct that you file has date and time information in the metadata header, but these match-up tools require date and time be present in the data matrix and be identified in the /fields= and /units= headers.

Try executing this command and checking under the --seabass_file description:

> fd_matchup.py -h

You will see there that these tools only support date and time as /fields= entries:

--seabass_file SEABASS_FILE
                              Valid SeaBASS file name
                              File must contain lat,lon,date,time as /field entries OR
                              lat,lon,year,month,day,hour,minute,second as /field entries.

Note any supported SeaBASS combination of fields to express date and time are accepted:
       date/time
       date/hour/minute/second
       year/month/day/time
       OR
       year/month/day/hour/minute/second

Cheers,
Joel
- By guorz Date 2017-07-11 11:31
Hi,

Thanks a lot!

Ruizhe
Up Topic Products and Algorithms / Field Data - SeaBASS / Error when using the Satellite Validation Match-Up Tools