Not logged inOcean Color Forum

The forum is locked.

The Ocean Color Forum has transitioned over to the Earthdata Forum (https://forum.earthdata.nasa.gov/). The information existing below will be retained for historical reference. Please sign into the Earthdata Forum for active user support.

Up Topic Products and Algorithms / Field Data - SeaBASS / Sensor reprocessing version of a SeaBASS validation (locked)
- By dem1 Date 2015-04-14 06:05
Hi,

Is it possible to know the sensor reprocessing version used when doing a SeaBASS validation?
There is this field: "Satellite version  operational", but I'm not sure for VIIRS if this is the latest R2014.0 NetCDF4 reprocessing or the R2013.1 previous one?

Thanks in advance,
Julien
- By jasonlefler Date 2015-04-14 10:24
It is not possible to tell which processing version it's using, nor which was used when loading old permalinks.  We are working on re-coupling SeaBASS's version names with the official version naming but it's still a long way off -- too much of our internal code is looking for "operational."  I'm not even sure which processing versions SeaBASS considers operational, I'll ask my colleague.
- By cwproctor Date 2015-04-14 14:02
The specific processing version isn't visible from the search engine or summary metadata. We try to keep the match-ups up-to-date with the latest reprocessing, although sometimes there is a time lag. If in doubt, one way to determine the validation version is to download one of the relevant satellite files used for validation (http://seabass.gsfc.nasa.gov/wiki/article.cgi?article=Getting_Started#Download%20satellite%20files%20used%20for%20validation) and look at the processing version in its metadata header. However, we're working to make the information more readily available in the summary of the validation search results.

The latest SeaBASS VIIRS match-ups are still being updated and those currently displayed are R2013.1. We'll put an announcement on the SeaBASS news page when the new VIIRS match-ups are ready, and see if there's a way we can make the processing version more explicit in the metadata in the meantime.

~Chris
Up Topic Products and Algorithms / Field Data - SeaBASS / Sensor reprocessing version of a SeaBASS validation (locked)