The forum is locked.
The Ocean Color Forum has transitioned over to the Earthdata Forum (https://forum.earthdata.nasa.gov/). The information existing below will be retained for historical reference. Please sign into the Earthdata Forum for active user support.
SeaDAS 5.0 includes new color look-up-table features allowing users to easily create and make use of their own color LUTs. Custom OBPG LUTs are also distributed with SeaDAS 5.0 and are listed along with custom user LUTs and the standard IDL LUTs. These three types of LUTs can be found in the "Load Color" window, accessible from the SeaDAS display window via Functions->Color LUT->Load LUT.
Steps to create and implement a custom color LUT:
Option A (modify existing LUT):
1) Load and display a data file in SeaDAS.
2) Open the "Load Color" window using Functions->Color LUT->Load LUT.
3) Select from the list a color LUT that you would like to modify.
4) Now select the Options and/or Function button and modify the LUT.
5) Save your new color LUT in ASCII format using Functions->Color LUT->Save LUT.
6) Open your saved ASCII text file with a UNIX text editor and insert a line at the top, typing a name for your new LUT.
7) Move this text file into the $SEADAS/data/common/luts/custom/ directory.
8) Your new LUT will now be available when you select the Custom Product Color Tables menu option in the "Load Color" window. (See picture below.)
Option B (create brand new LUT):
1) Create a UNIX text file with 256 lines of RGB triplets which will correspond to the pixel values 0-255. (e.g.: 255 0 255)
2) Insert one line of text at the top indicating the name for your new LUT. (Your text file will now have 257 lines.)
3) Move this text file into the $SEADAS/data/common/luts/custom/ directory.
4) Your new LUT will now be available when you select the Custom Product Color Tables menu option in the "Load Color" window. (See picture below.)
Powered by mwForum 2.29.7 © 1999-2015 Markus Wichitill