OB.DAAC Data Center data products are available to data users registered with the NASA User Registration System (URS). Agreements between the OB.DAAC and our European Commission partners require limited restrictions on specific data collections and are defined here.
Terms of Service Contents
ESA Sentinel-3 End User License Agreement
EUROPEAN COMMISSION Directorate-General for Internal Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship and SMEs
Space Policy, Copernicus and Defence
Space Data for Societal Challenges and Growth
Legal notice on the use of Copernicus Sentinel Data and Service Information
The access and use of Copernicus Sentinel Data and Service Information is regulated under EU law. In particular, the law provides that users shall have a free, full and open access to Copernicus Sentinel Data and Service Information without any express or implied warranty, including as regards quality and suitability for any purpose.
EU law grants free access to Copernicus Sentinel Data and Service Information for the purpose of the following use in so far as it is lawful:
- communication to the public;
- adaptation, modification and combination with other data and information;
any combination of points (1) to (4).
EU law allows for specific limitations of access and use in the rare cases of security concerns, protection of third party rights or risk of service disruption.
By using Sentinel Data or Service Information the user acknowledges that these conditions are applicable to him/her and that the user renounces to any claims for damages against the European Union and the providers of the said Data and Information. The scope of this waiver encompasses any dispute, including contracts and torts claims, that might be filed in court, in arbitration or in any other form of dispute settlement.
Where the user communicates to the public or distributes Copernicus Sentinel Data and Service Information, he/she shall inform the recipients of the source of that Data and Information by using the following notice:
'Copernicus Sentinel data [Year]' for Sentinel data; and/or
'Copernicus Service information [Year]' for Copernicus Service Information.
Where the Copernicus Sentinel Data and Service Information have been adapted or modified, the user shall provide the following notice:
'Contains modified Copernicus Sentinel data [Year]' for Sentinel data; and/or
'Contains modified Copernicus Service information [Year]' for Copernicus Service Information.
The users' rights on their personal data are protected under European law. Such data will only be used by the European Commission and the providers of the said Data and Information for providing services to the user and for statistical as well as evaluation purposes.
- Regulation (EU) No 377 / 2014 and Commission Delegated Regulation (EU) No 1159 / 2013.
- In agreement with the Copernicus Sentinel Data Policy, ESA\/PB-EO(2013)30, rev. 1.
- See in particular Art. 3 and 9 of Regulation 1159 / 2013.
- See in particular Art. 7 of Regulation 1159 / 2013
- See in particular Art. 8 of Regulation 1159 / 2013.
- Directive 95 46 EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 24 October 1995 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data; Regulation (EC) No 45 2001 (EC) No 45 2001 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 18 December 2000 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data by the Community institutions and bodies and on the free movement of such data.