Announcement: SeaDAS 4.9 Update 4 now available!
Dear SeaDAS Users,
SeaDAS 4.9 Update 4 is now available on our ftp site.
Instructions for installing SeaDAS 4.9 Update 04
This update provides a number of updates to processing programs,
including SWl01, l2bin, fix_L0, and msl12.
The update also includes new ancillary data search functions
determine the optimum MET, OZONE, and OISST ancillary data
files for msl12 processing. If the required ancillary data files
aren't present on the user's local hard disk, this new feature will
optionally download the files from an OBPG ftp server.seadas_setup must be run to activate this function.
There are also a number of other very minor bug fixes included.
NOTE: If you have not installed SeaDAS 4.9 yet, you do not need to
install this update after installing the main software, since this
update is included in the main tar file distributions.
NOTE: If you installed SeaDAS 4.9 when it first came out, you will
need to install all of the updates, in order, to get all of the
changes that are included with the updates. Each update does not
include any changes from a previous update. For example, Update 2
does not include any changes in Update 1.
1. Go to your main $SEADAS directory:
2. Anonymously ftp to samoa.gsfc.nasa.gov:
3. After logged in, switch to binary mode:
4. Change directory to where the update files are located:
5. Get the zipped tar file for the update that corresponds to
your operating system:
get update04_rh73.tar.gz (for RedHat 7.3)
get update04_fc2.tar.gz (for Fedora Core 1 and 2)
get update04_fc4.tar.gz (for Fedora Core 4)
get update04_centos.tar.gz (for CentOS 4.2)
get update04_mac.tar.gz (for Mac OS-10.3)
get update04_sol28.tar.gz (for Solaris 2.8 64-bit)
get update04_sol27.tar.gz (for Solaris 2.7 64-bit)
get update04_irix.tar.gz (for Irix 6.5 32-bit)
6. Log off of ftp
7. Unzip and extract the update files:
gunzip -c update04_rh73.tar.gz | tar xvf -
8. Change to the update04 directory:
9. Make sure that your $SEADAS environment variable is set correctly:
setenv SEADAS /wherever/your/seadas4.9/is/located (for c shell)
or export SEADAS=/wherever/your/seadas4.9/is/located (for bash shell)
10. Run the update_04.csh script to install the files:
./update_04.csh11. Run seadas_setup:
12. Enjoy and let us know if you have any problems.
The SeaDAS Development Group (email@example.com)