Not logged inOcean Color Forum
Forum Ocean Color Home Help Search Login
Up Topic SeaDAS / SeaDAS 6.x - General Questions / SeaDAS Error loading sharable executable (locked)
- By Sarat76 Date 2011-07-03 02:53
Hi,
I installed SeaDAS 6.2 in my Linux (64 bit) pc. While trying to run the "seadas -em" command I get the following message

The following error was encountered: CALL_EXTERNAL: Error loading sharable excutable
               symbol:idl_pid, File = /home/sarat/seadas6.2/build/lib/IDLshare.so
               /home/sarat/seadas6.2/build/lib/IDLshare.so:wrong ELF class:ELFCLASS64 Please consult the supplier of the application.

Can anyone help me in this regard!

Thank you
- By sean Date 2011-07-05 14:24
This error only occurs when you try to run a 64bit install on a 32bit machine.
Are you certain the machine is running a 64bit OS?

Sean
- By Sarat76 Date 2011-07-09 22:12
Thank you Sean,
I found that my PC is Linux x86 m32. Could you guide me how to reinstall SeaDAS again.I mean is there any step I should perform or skip while installing SeaDAS?

Best,

Sarat
- By sean Date 2011-07-10 14:01
Download the 32bit linux version and follow the installation instructions.

You do not need to re-download or extract any of the installation/data files you previously installed (e.g. seadas_modisa.tar.gz; seadas_idl_rt.tar.gz).
Extracting the seadas_linux.tar.gz file in your $SEADAS directory will overwrite the 64 bit versions you erroneously installed.

Sean
- By Sarat76 Date 2011-07-10 21:30 Edited 2011-07-10 22:58
Thank you Sean,
I have one more problem.
I am unable to modify the content of .bashrc file.
My old seadas folder is "seadas62" where as my new seadas folder is "seadas6.2".I am not able to change the .bashrc file so that it recognise seadas6.2 instead seadas62.

I am not able to successfully do the step 9 of the installation instructions. I changed the path  of .bashrc to new SeaDAS folder

source /home/sarat/SeaDAS62/config/seadas.env

but after closing the vi editor it is still coming back to recognise the old folder "source /home/sarat/seadas62/config/seadas.env" !!

Could you please guide.

Sarat
Up Topic SeaDAS / SeaDAS 6.x - General Questions / SeaDAS Error loading sharable executable (locked)

Responsible NASA Official: Gene C. Feldman
Curator: OceanColor Webmaster
Authorized by: Gene C. Feldman
Updated: 03 July 2013
Privacy Policy and Important Notices NASA logo