Not logged inOcean Color Forum
Forum Ocean Color Home Help Search Login
Up Topic Products and Algorithms / Satellite Data Access / Satellite data staging notifications (locked)
- By sayer Date 2011-02-23 12:21
Hi,

I thought I'd alert you to a small issue with the data ordering system which I have picked up on over the past week. I have made a few dozen orders for SeaWiFS L1a data, and requested notification emails (for receipt of order, start of staging, completion of staging, and deletion). The first and last of these always come. However, I am only getting 'Your order is being staged' and 'Your order has been staged' messages for those orders which are going on to ocdist1 or ocdist4. The others (ocdist2, 3 etc) are not providing this notification. If I go to the online order management page, the status is listed for STAGED_AND_NOTIFIED for those orders on ocdist1 or 4, and just STAGED for the others. So, I wonder whether some of the notification requests are getting 'lost' on submission of order, when the order is routed to servers other than ocdist1 or ocdist4?

The issue seems to have begun sometime in the past week or so (prior to this, I received notifications correctly for all orders I placed).

Thanks,

Andy
- By john Date 2011-02-23 12:33
Andy,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.  The problem was a full root partition on a few of the servers prevented outgoing mail from working.  We've cleared space on those now, so the notifications should work.

Regards,
john
- By sayer Date 2011-02-23 13:06
Hi John,

Thanks; I plan on making some more orders today/tomorrow, so will let you know if it I encounter any unexpected behaviour (but aside from this everything has, as usual, been working great!).

Andy
Up Topic Products and Algorithms / Satellite Data Access / Satellite data staging notifications (locked)

Responsible NASA Official: Gene C. Feldman
Curator: OceanColor Webmaster
Authorized by: Gene C. Feldman
Updated: 03 July 2013
Privacy Policy and Important Notices NASA logo